For all you pasta lovers - squash has you covered.
- 1 spaghetti squash, approx. 1lb (450g)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese for sauce and as topping (optional)
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Slice both ends of the spaghetti squash and slice in half lengthwise. Scrape off the seeds with a spoon and place in a microwave safe dish, skin facing up. Add one inch of water and heat in the microwave for 12 to 15 minutes, until the spaghetti squash is tender. Fluff and separate the strings with a fork and transfer to a bowl for later.
2. While the spaghetti squash is cooking in the microwave, heat the coconut oil in a large sauce pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock and turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
3. Add the spaghetti squash and cook for a couple of minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and stir until completely melted. Add the sour cream and cook for 2 minutes more, constantly stirring.
4. Garnish with additional parmesan, parsley and pepper. Serve immediately.
Calories: 165 per serving
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Low Fat √ Low Sodium √ Low Cholesterol √ Low Sugar √ Diabetic Friendly √ High Blood Pressure Friendly √ Gluten Friendly √