Healthy & Delicious - Catch of the WEEK!
- 4 - 6 (6 oz or 170 g) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (or sea salt flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 bunches asparagus (24 spears), woody ends removed
- 1 lemon , sliced to garnish
- 1/3 cup beans/peas or any other greens
Preheat oven broiler (or grill) to high heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil. Arrange oven shelf to the second top shelf (about 8-inches from the heat element).
Place the salmon on a large baking tray. Rub each fillet evenly with the garlic and parsley to evenly coat; pour over the lemon juice. Spray with a light coating of olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the asparagus and greens around the salmon in a single layer, and place the lemon slices over the top.
Broil (or grill) for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through to your liking (we find 8 minutes is perfect if the oven is hot).
Serve with the asparagus and beans/peas.
Calories: 190 cals per serving
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Protein: 24 grams
Low Fat √ Low Sodium √ Low Cholesterol √ Low Sugar √ Diabetic Friendly √ High Blood Pressure Friendly √ Gluten Friendly √