All of this, for one pan?!
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 red peppers
- 1 head broccoli
- 16 ounces Smoked Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon of: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil
(easy clean-up) and set aside.
2. Peel and slice the carrots very thinly.
3. Halve the zucchini and then cut them into ‘thick’ coins. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove
the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into medium-sized pieces.
4. Chop the sausage into thick coins.
5. Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
6. In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper if desired (I use about
1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt) with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
7. Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and thoroughly toss to
8. Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies + sausage
and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
9. Remove and top, if desired, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Serves: 4-6 (save the leftovers for a busy night)
Calories per serving: 260 cals
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Low Fat √ Low Sodium √ Low Cholesterol √ Low Sugar √ Diabetic Friendly √ High Blood Pressure Friendly √ Gluten Friendly √