Taste the Mediterranean goodness..
- 3 large eggs (I use one whole egg and 2 whites)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 3-4 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 leaf fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts for topping
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced/diced for topping
Optional: Pomegranate seeds for topping
Add quinoa, spinach, olives, red peppers and basil to large bowl. Add 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil, season with salt and pepper. Toss and set aside.
Whisk together eggs and pinch of salt in pepper in separate bowl. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Once pan is hot, add 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil and swirl pan to coat. Pour in egg mixture and let set for 10-20 seconds. Use heat safe spatula to gentle move the set eggs toward the middle of the pan. Then tilt the pan so the runny eggs take their place.
Immediately sprinkle omelet with feta and then add quinoa mixture. Fold to create omelet. Let sit 1-2 minutes before turning off heat. When omelet is cooked to liking, top with pine nuts and left over feta. Serve with diced/sliced avocado.
Optional: Sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top.
Calories: 410 cals
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Low Sodium √ Low Sugar √ Diabetic Friendly √ Gluten Friendly √